Trainers, Major changes are coming to Pokemon GO very soon! Niantic revealed the upcoming GO Battle League preview, several incredible moveset changes and the Increased Pokemon Spawns in the areas!
GO Battle League
The GO Battle League will be a triathlon style contest, the battles will take place in all the three leagues, meaning that the great league mastery people have built up won’t be enough.
You’ll have to learn all 3 metagames to get a high rank.
Here are a few key points to note:
- Battles will take place in all three leagues: Great League, Ultra League, and Master League.
- Your Rank will start from Rank 1.
- Rank 10 will be the top rank.
- As you win throughout the season your rank will increase.
- Once you reach a new rank, you cannot drop below it for the rest of the season. Your rank might drop in the next season for bad performance.
- Higher ranks mean higher rewards.
- You cannot use two or more of the same species of Pokémon on your team.
The release of GO Battle League is expected in Early 2020.
Ad: Light up the streets and show your support to your favourite Pokemon GO Team by trying this cool Embroidery Glow in the Dark Hats! Free Delivery ✈️ Use Coupon Code: WRECK15 for additional 15% Off
Shop Now: Visit Here
Updates to the combat system
A PvP mechanic update will be soon implemented.
- When two Pokémon use Charged Attacks at the same time, the Pokémon with the higher Attack stat will go first. If two Pokémon have the same Attack stat, a random Pokémon will go first.
- With this update coming, Switching Pokémon now clears any changes to its Attack and Defense stats.
This is a big update which will affect both PvP and PvE, This rebalances will be either exciting or disappointing for the few. But many of this update is for the good!
There have been updates to the following existing attacks in Pokémon GO.
- Night Slash – Its energy cost will be reduced and can greatly increase the user’s attack stat in PvP.
- Icy Wind – This move now decreases your opponent’s Attack stat when used.
- Hydro Cannon – Sad update for Hydro Cannon fans, Hydro Cannon will be now dealing less damage in PvP.
- Frustration and Return – This attacks will take more energy to charge and will deal more damage.
- Mud-Slap – Damage for Mud-Slap has been increased in Gyms, raids, and Trainer Battles.
- Sand Tomb – It will now charge quickly and decrease the opponent’s defence by one stage and in the same, it will deal less damage.
- Forretress, Torterra, Garchomp, and Gliscor can now learn Sand Tomb.
- Earthquake – Increased damage in Gyms and raids.
- Overheat, Draco Meteor, and Psycho Boost – These Attacks will now charge quickly but will also decrease your own Pokémon’s Attack after use
- Close Combat – This attack will now charge quickly but will also decrease your own Pokémon’s defence after use.
Certain Pokémon will soon be able to learn attacks that hadn’t yet been seen in Pokémon GO!
|Octazooka||Octillery and Kingdra||Slow charged move that will sharply reduce your opponent’s Attack|
|Mirror Shot||Forretress, Magnezone, Ferrothorn, and Klinklang||Quick charged move that will reduce your opponent’s Attack|
|Fell Stinger||Beedrill, Qwilfish, Vespiquen, and Drapion||Quick charged attack that increases your attack after use.|
|Aura Sphere||Lucario||A Powerful fighting type attack.|
|Superpower||Pinsir, Snorlax, Hariyama, Rhyperior, and Melmetal.||A Powerful fighting type attack that charges quickly but at the same time reduces user’s Attack and Defense after use.|
The Following of Pokemon will be able to learn new attacks
|Porygon2 and Porygon-Z||Lock-On|
Legacy Moves Returns for Kanto Region
Pokemon GO has changed a lot during the course of time since it was launched in 2016. Niantic has brought back few of the best attacks of the Kanto Region Pokemon back in Pokemon GO!
Below is the list of Pokemon that will have the ability to learn the old moves back.
|Gyarados||Dragon Breath, Twister|
|Dragonite||Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw|
Do you know?
You can check-out the Countdown Timer of all Events at our All New Mobile App GO Field Guide for all Countdown Timers, Raid Boss Guides, Egg Hatch List, Shiny Checklist and much more…
iOS – App Store
Android – Google Play Store
Feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. If we can’t answer them, maybe someone else reading can. Let us know in the comments below and join the discussion on our Pokemon Go – WorldWide Niantic News Update Facebook Group!
Make sure to Join our PokeWreck community for all latest news, updates, leaks and research: