Trainers, Just when we thought we won’t be having an event in the coming weeks, Niantic has surprised us all.
Niantic Announced The Pokémon Go Battle Showdown 2019
The Pokémon Go Battle Showdown 2019 is a week-long event featuring Fighting-type Pokemon, shiny Pokemon like Mankey and shiny Machop, and a new Fighting-type move called Power-Up Punch and various other event bonuses
As we write this post the event is already live! And you might be seeing some interesting things happen until the 12th of March, as the event ends.
|STARTS||March 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT +8)|
|ENDS||March 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT +8)|
- Fighting-type Pokémon like Mankey, Machop, Makuhita, and Meditite will appear more frequently in the wild!
- Shiny Mankey and Shiny Machop Family Released
- 2x Catch, Battle and Raid Stardust rewards
- 2x XP for Gym Badges
- Earn up to 5 Rewards per day from Trainer Battles, including Rare Candy.
- Earn up to three rewards per day from challenging team leaders, including Rare Candy.
- Power-Up Punch will now be permanently available for certain Pokémon, such as Poliwrath, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Medicham, and Lucario.
Here is the list of Pokemon which you might find more frequently during this complete week!
Shiny Mankey and Shiny Machop Family Released
Battle Showdown Quests
- Catch 3 Makuhita or Meditite => Combusken (CP 708)
- Catch 5 Fighting-type Pokémon => Machoke (CP 870)
- Make 2 Excellent throws in a row => Hitmonchan (CP 999)
- Use a supereffective charged Attack in 7 raids or Gym Battles => 1 charged TM
- Win 3 raids => 1 fast TM
Power-Up Punch will now be permanently available for certain Pokémon, such as Poliwrath, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Medicham, and Lucario.
Did we miss anything?
Feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. If we can’t answer them, maybe someone else reading can. Let us know in the comments below and join the discussion on our Pokemon Go – WorldWide Niantic News Update Facebook Group!
Make sure to Join our PokeWreck community for all latest news, updates, leaks and research: