The Mega Evolutions are on its way and the month of September will be full of Mega Events, We got a lot of new information from different trusted sources on how the Mega Evolution will work in Pokemon GO and new upcoming changes in raid tiers.
- How Mega Evolution will work in Pokemon GO
- How to get Mega Energy
- Mega Raids
- Mega Events
- Other things to know about Mega Evolution.
- Changes in Raid System
How Mega Evolution will work in Pokemon GO
Pokemon GO will be getting the first wave of Mega evolution this week and probably it will be announced officially on Thursday.
- Mega Evolutions are temporary like the original Pokemon game series.
- Each capable Pokemon will have its own set of Mega Energy.
- Mega Energy can be used to evolve the Pokemon to its Mega Form.
- Only one of your Pokémon can be Mega Evolved at any particular time.
- If you Mega Evolve a second Pokémon, the previous one will return back to normal.
- A timer will be shown in the Pokemon Information screen showing how long Pokemon will be in its Mega Form.
- After Mega Evolving a particular Pokemon, it will then be cheaper to Mega Evolve in future.
How to get Mega Energy
- You will get Mega Energy for a particular species by battling that Pokemon in Mega Raids
- You will receive additional bonus Mega Energy if you complete the raid faster – encouraging you to battle with as many players as possible.
- There might be other sources which are not revealed yet.
- Mega Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise will be first Mega Pokemon to make its debut in Pokemon GO Raids.
- Mega Evolution will boost the attack of all other participants Pokemon when battling in raids.
- Mega Evolved Pokemon in battle give benefit to Pokemon of the same type, For example, with Water-type Mega Pokémon, Water-type attacks get a boost.
- Only one Mega Evolved Pokemon can be used in raid battle when one Pokemon faints someone else can bring one out to keep up the level boost.
According to the source, September will be filled with Mega Evolution-themed events.
- September 1st to September 7th: Mega Raid-focused Mega Evolution event
- September 11th to September 17th: Battle-focused Mega Evolution event
- September 22nd to September 28th: Buddy-focused Mega Evolution event.
Other things to know
- Shadow Pokémon cannot undergo a Mega Evolution.
- Clone Pokémon cannot undergo a Mega Evolution.
- You can not place Mega evolved forms in the Gym.
- As of now, you cannot use Mega Evolved form in GO Battle League.
- Mega Evolutions will be listed in your Pokédex under the ‘Mega Pokédex’.
Changes in Raid System
This one is the major change coming along with Mega Evolution and can be termed as Raids season 2 or v2.
- In the upcoming changes, Pokemon GO will be removing two Raid tiers, Tier 2 and Tier 4.
- Tier 2 and Tier 4 Pokemon will be combined with Tier 1 and Tier 3 respectively.
- Rewards for Tier 1 will be of Tier 2 and Tier 3 will be of Tier 4 after the changes.
- Team bonuses will be removed and new speed bonus will be added which means the faster you complete the raid, more the bonus you get.
Do you know?
You can check-out the Countdown Timer of all Events at our All New Mobile App GO Field Guide for all Countdown Timers, Raid Boss Guides, Egg Hatch List, Shiny Checklist and much more…
iOS – App Store
Android – Google Play Store
Feel free to ask anything else you may want to know. If we can’t answer them, maybe someone else reading can. Let us know in the comments below and join the discussion on our Pokemon Go – WorldWide Niantic News Update Facebook Group!
Make sure to Join our PokeWreck community for all latest news, updates, leaks and research: